Please note ** This listing is for a downloadable PDF sewing pattern and tutorial, not for a finished garment**
The Shady Sun Hat is perfect for protecting delicate faces and ears. A wide curved brim wraps toward the back to cover ears. Adjust the ponytail-friendly back opening with ties or elastic for a custom fit. Flexible interfacing makes it easy to stash in a bag or pack for travel.
Unisex for sizes preemie to large adult
Difficulty level: Confident Beginner
The PDF pattern is delivered via immediate download as a 20-page PDF file which features:
* detailed illustrated diagrams
* thorough step by step instructions
* guidance for a well-fitted final garment
* pattern pieces are full-sized and include seam allowances
* nested pattern pieces and include layers, providing the ability to print only the size(s) desired
* measurements given in imperial and metric throughout
* links to the Sew Jennuine Design group on Facebook for additional assistance and community
* Projection file for projector cutting - layered, optimized with heavier line weights, buffer area, unfolded pieces with center marked
There are 6 pages of pattern pieces in the print at home version. A detailed guide is provided to print only the pages needed for the desired size and options on the print at home file located at the end of the tutorial file.
Recommended fabrics include:
Main: Light to medium weight stable woven fabrics such as linen/linen blends, chambray, lawn, voile, poplin, shirting, cotton/cotton blends, seersucker, etc.
Interfacing: Light to medium weight fusible interfacing such as Pellon SF101, Vlieseline G700, or Tricot knit like Pellon EK130 for the body of the hat (optional), and layered midweight fusible fiber interfacing like Pellon 808 Craft Fuse, Vilene S320, or Vlieseline H250/305 along with fusible fleece Pellon 986F, Vilene H630/H640 or similar.
You may make and sell garments made from this pattern on a home-production basis. I'd love it if you give credit to Jennuine Design in your listings. Please contact me about manufacturing on a larger scale where additional people would be using the pattern.
Due to the nature of this digital product, refunds are not offered after files have been downloaded.
Per Etsy rules, payment is due at the time of purchase. Failure to complete payment or make arrangements otherwise within three days will be reported to Etsy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Due to the digital nature of the product, no refunds are offered on PDF patterns.
If you would like a size or design not listed, please contact me at JennuineDesign@gmail.com and we can work out a custom listing for you.