Please note ** This listing is for a downloadable PDF sewing pattern and tutorial, not for a finished garment**
This listing is for a bundled sale of the Skiff Tee and Skiff Dress Expansion.
The Skiff Tee is a fun nod to the seaman’s Breton sweaters of France. The basic shape is a wide bateau neckline and slim fit silhouette with straight or vented hems, but there is more to this tee! Use the color blocked styles to play with stripes, patterns or even sheer knits across the bodice and/or short or long sleeves! The shoulder seam is eliminated on the blocked pieces for a unique yoke style, and there is an optional chest pocket built into the front seam. A separate patch pocket is offered for the plain tee.
The Skiff Dress is an expansion of the Skiff Tee. The basic shape is a wide bateau neckline and a-line silhouette with straight vented or curved dolphin hems. The back hem is slightly longer than the front. Use the color blocked styles to play with stripes, patterns or even sheer knits across the bodice and/or short or long sleeves from the tee pattern. This expansion also includes options for a sleeveless version, a horizontal flounce across the color blocked sections of the bodice and sleeve, and an elasticated waistband.
Sizes newborn through 12 years
Difficulty level: Beginner
These patterns are delivered via immediate download. The Skiff Tee as a 42-page and the Skiff Dress Expansion as a 37-page PDF file which feature:
* printing with layers, providing the ability to print only the size(s) desired
* detailed illustrated diagrams
* thorough step by step instructions
* guidance for a well-fitted final garment
* full-sized pattern pieces with seam allowances included
* measurements given in imperial and metric throughout
* links to the Sew Jennuine Design group on Facebook for additional assistance and community
* 23 pages of pattern pieces in the print at home version of the Skiff Tee pattern, located at the end of the tutorial
* 15 pages of pattern pieces in the print at home version of the Skiff Dress pattern, located at the end of the tutorial
* separate A0 large format pattern files for copy shop printing
* separate projector files for projection cutting
A detailed guide is provided to print only the pages needed for the desired size and options.
Recommended fabrics include:
Light to medium knits like tissue knits, jersey, cotton Lycra, lightweight French terry, Ponte de Roma, Liverpool, or interlock. Ribbing from cotton Lycra, rib knit, smooth cuff, or self fabric if it has sufficient recovery. Knits with 25 – 40% 2-way stretch for the body of the dress. A small amount of fusible interfacing is needed for the optional buttonholes, tricot or lightweight woven is recommended.
You may make and sell garments made from this pattern on a home-production basis. I'd love it if you give credit to Jennuine Design in your listings. Please contact me about manufacturing on a larger scale using hired seamstresses.
Due to the nature of this digital product, refunds are not offered after files have been downloaded.
Per Etsy rules, payment is due at the time of purchase. Failure to complete payment or make arrangements otherwise within three days will be reported to Etsy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Due to the digital nature of the product, no refunds are offered on PDF patterns.
If you would like a size or design not listed, please contact me at JennuineDesign@gmail.com and we can work out a custom listing for you.
Nov 26, 2018